08 September, 2005

It's coming home, it's coming home, it's coming...

...baseball's coming home...

Thanks to Brian for this link:

One of London's famous cricket venues has joined Major League Baseball's list of potential sites for regular-season games in 2007.

Back in the 90s, the Oval did host a two game exhibition series between Minor League prospects of the Mets and Red Sox. I had tickets to both games, but the first was rained out.

My game programme has long been lost. I need to do some research to figure who I saw in that game. Only one name I can remember: Alan Zinter, who I think was a catching prospect for the Mets at the time.

I found out the other day that Tottenham Hotspur have won as many UK baseball championships as football league titles (2).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home